Welcome to our Blog!

I realize not everyone has experience with blogs so it might help to mention how they work for those of you that don't read them often. When you first get to our site the first post you see will be the most recent. If you have missed any posts or my wonderful storytelling of the crazy events leading up to all this, or if you are bored out of your mind and need something to help put you to sleep; you can go to the right side where it says 'Blog Archive' and click on the date you missed. Older posts are at the top. Also you can click on pictures to enlarge them and then hit the X in the right corner to get back to the blog. Now, on to the more important stuff: Ethan!!

Life in the City that Never Sleeps

(could it be because of the noise?)

The "curtain" from Wicked
The house that Babe built


The house that Steinbrenner built

New Yorkers have all kinds of crazy fashions!

So within 48 hours of our moving in Wrigley had already gotten two complaints. Did I mention he has a slight bit of separation anxiety? We knew he whined when we left but thought he stopped as soon as we were gone. Apparently not. Our landlord gave us a call after the second complaint to tell us neighbors said it sounded like someone was being murdered in the apartment! We decided to get a bark control collar that will shock him whenever he barks. We felt so bad putting it on him but we were close to living in Central park instead of near Central Park! I told Blake I finally understood when my parents would say “This hurts me more than it hurts you” I always thought to myself “Are you kidding! I’m the one getting spanked!” Now, having to look at those puppy dog eyes and knowing you are about to get the shock of your life (literally), I understood.
Just as incessant as Wrigley’s whining is the honking of New Yorkers. I don’t think I will ever understand it. They will literally honk at a car in front of them that is trying to turn left but can’t because of oncoming traffic. Do they think it is a magical button to make people and other cars disappear? Many times I have thought about informing them that the car can’t go anywhere so honking is pointless but I am pretty sure their response will just be to honk at me. I think it is a form of language here.
Rats, raccoons, and bums! Oh my! The dogs are enjoying the park and the abundance of wildlife, mainly rodents, but wildlife nonetheless. They have already tried to chase a rat across the park, I think they thought it was a cat, and Wrigley almost got his face removed by a raccoon he tried to follow in the bushes.
Blake and I are starting to take in a few of the sights around town. We went to a Yankees game which was fun but didn’t hold the same excitement as a game at Wrigley Field. Maybe it had something to do with Blake not drinking 20 beers, hmm… We also saw the play Wicked at the Gershwin Theatre. I can’t begin to tell you how great it was! If it comes to a stage near you definitely go see it! I think I have bored everyone enough for one day! Thanks again for checking out our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment