Welcome to our Blog!

I realize not everyone has experience with blogs so it might help to mention how they work for those of you that don't read them often. When you first get to our site the first post you see will be the most recent. If you have missed any posts or my wonderful storytelling of the crazy events leading up to all this, or if you are bored out of your mind and need something to help put you to sleep; you can go to the right side where it says 'Blog Archive' and click on the date you missed. Older posts are at the top. Also you can click on pictures to enlarge them and then hit the X in the right corner to get back to the blog. Now, on to the more important stuff: Ethan!!

I'm baaaaaack.......




2 hours before showtime and already packed!Did I mention I joined the cast of 30 Rock?Trinity ChurchBrooklyn Bridge with Manhattan in the background


No, I didn't disappear! I have been so busy getting ready for the move my blog has been neglected. I hope you guys have enjoyed the break but it is over now so prepare to be bored! Really I have just dreaded trying to weed through the pictures!

The first weekend (since my hiatus) we were looking forward to watching the New York Philharmonic's Concert in the Park. Blake and I were very excited and needed this! We both had one of those days were everything goes wrong. The soothing music of the Philharmonic was just what we needed. Also, they shoot fireworks at the end and I was so excited to see fireworks from Central Park! The concert started at 8:00 and Blake was working late so I decided I would go early and get a spot and he could meet me there after he left work. I took the dogs to the park and noticed a line of people walking in carrying blankets and baskets. People were already staking their spots 3 hours early! I took the dogs back, got some stuff together and headed to the park. 2 hours before the concert and the place was already packed! Poor Blake had a hard time finding me in the middle of thousands of people and the concert had already started by the time he got there. Just as we started to unwind from our stressful day, it starts to rain! So much for the end of monsoon season. We debated on whether to stay and wait it out or leave, just as we decide to pack up and go a huge bolt of lightning strikes and everyone starts getting up and running out. Remember there were easily a thousand people there! It was like the running of the bulls but without the threat of a large animal trying to kill you. So much for the fireworks :(

On Saturday, we decided to walk to Wall Street. As we got off the subway, we found a beautiful church that is at the end of Wall Street. The church is Trinity Church and has an old cemetery full of graves from the late 1700's. Alexander Hamilton is buried there. Being an architecture buff, you know I got a lot of pictures.
We also went to Rockefeller Center and toured the NBC studios. We were able to go into Brian William's studio, the studio were they film Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (which used to be Conan O'Brien's and originally where Johnny Carson first started) It is amazingly small! We also saw the set for Saturday Night Live, which I was most excited about. It was also very small, but larger than most sets in New York. We also saw masks made for conehead skits, Triumph the Insult dog, and a couple others SNL characters. I would love to show you pictures but they don't allow photography because it is copyrighted. I thought about warning them that if they are so worried about somebody seeing their stuff they might not want to broadcast it on TV. Blake talked me out of it. You know I wasn't a happy camper! So if you want to see what we saw, go watch NBC.
On Sunday we walked the Brooklyn Bridge. We went at sunset and saw amazing views of the city. Being an architecture buff.....oh you know.
Luck for you, it is late and I am tired and have a lot to do before Sunday! I am letting you guys off easy and only posting a few picts. Don't get used to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment