Welcome to our Blog!

I realize not everyone has experience with blogs so it might help to mention how they work for those of you that don't read them often. When you first get to our site the first post you see will be the most recent. If you have missed any posts or my wonderful storytelling of the crazy events leading up to all this, or if you are bored out of your mind and need something to help put you to sleep; you can go to the right side where it says 'Blog Archive' and click on the date you missed. Older posts are at the top. Also you can click on pictures to enlarge them and then hit the X in the right corner to get back to the blog. Now, on to the more important stuff: Ethan!!




I told myself I would keep the blog updated and now that I'm not hooked up to as many wires as my t.v. I think I can do it! Monday I had a regularly scheduled doctor appointment and they determined I was 2 centimeters dilated. Given my history they thought it would be best if I went to the hospital to be monitored. So here we are! There really isn't much to report, I did have contractions late Monday night but between 24 hours of magnesium sulfate and the other medications they gave me, the contractions have stopped. They reevaluated me today (Wednesday) and decided I can go home! Thankfully she is behaving and I am still only 2 centimeters and haven't had any more contractions. The bad news is now that I am dilated I will not get off bed rest until 37 weeks or she is born, whichever comes first. Whether she comes early or waits it out we feel very positive. She has already made it 3 1/2 weeks longer than Ethan (& as you can see by the pictures he is very healthy!), has had 4 rounds of steroids for lung development, and 24 hours of magnesium sulfate for any neurological issues. She is also almost 2 lbs bigger than Ethan! I will try to keep everyone updated here. Thanks for checking in on us!


I had a very handsome little visitor!






No comments:

Post a Comment